As we all know the holidays are coming and you know what that means. Forced Family Bonding. Nothing everyone loves more than being forced to spend time with your family that you never see. Maybe this is why the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is notorious as the biggest drinking day. To make your holiday better I’ve compiled a list of my favorite holiday drinks and how to make them!
- 2 teaspoons of whole cloves
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean (make sure you split the bean)
- 1 64 once bottle of apple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium plums green and purple
- 1 750 mL bottle of a fruitty wine (when I make my fall sangria I used White Merlot. It has a nice body to it while complementing the fruit)
- Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice. (Or omit the ice and heat the juice mixture and wine in a 4-quart Dutch oven until hot. Serve in heatproof mugs.) Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Now you have an Autumn Punch. I usually make something incredibly similar to this every holiday season.